*Make sure you go check out my O.N.E. Coconut Water Giveaway and enter. Now. I'll wait.
I made some cookies yesterday.
They were good.
But there are worse habits to have, right? I’m not going around the neighborhood kicking puppies or anything.
This post just took a morbid turn, I apologize.
The point is, I really like rainbow sprinkles. They are happy, and colorful, and make me wish it was my birthday. If i had kids this is probably the treat I would send them to school with to share on their birthday. But I don't have kids, so I'll just have to eat them myself.
I also really like gooey, cream-cheesy, sugary, goodies.
The ingredient list is short, and the product is a very sweet, gooey, cakey cookie with a crackled surface, and fun rainbow interior! And they couldn’t be easier to make! It would be a very good idea to make these. A very good idea.
Rainbow Gooey Butter Cookies
Yields: approx. 24-1.5 inch cookies
Adapted from: Paula Deen's Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla extract
1-18 oz. box of Super Moist Yellow cake mix
2 Tbls rainbow sprinkles
1 Cup Confectioners sugar
- Cream together room temperature butter, and cream cheese until smooth
- Beat in egg until fully incorporated
- Add in vanilla extract, and beat until combined
- Dump in cake mix, and mix until fully incorporated, dough will be sticky-don’t fret!
- Fold in sprinkles until even distributed
- Wrap tightly in saran wrap and set in fridge to chill for at least 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350*, and place confectioners sugar in a bowl and set aside
- Once chilled, remove dough from fridge, unwrap, and scoop about 2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and roll into a ball
- Place dough balls in bowl of confectioners sugar, and shake (in batches) to coat
- Place sugar coated cookies on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 12 minutes until puffed up, and slightly golden on the bottom
- Allow to cool on baking sheets, and Enjoy!